Saturday, July 26, 2008

THE LONG JOURNEY


I went to Dungun yesterday to attend my c0-worker weeding. The groom, Hafaz b. Ali is my ex-student who become the staff at IQ Terengganu. He is a celebrity as he was represented Terengganu twice in Musabaqah Tilawah Al-Quran Peringkat Kebangsaan and he was the first runner in AQ 2007. The bride, Husna is my ex-student too, who now still a student in Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt. This is not the first my ex-student marry with my ex-student, and for me this is a good situation.

I mad my journey alone coz my wife had another plan to do. Dungun is not too far from Kuala Terengganu. It's about 90 km only. I took the Ajil-Bukit Besi road. although the journey just about 80 minutes (I'm not a fast driver), but it was a long journey for me. All the way long to Dungun, my mind was always with my late brother (al-marhum), Ariffin. He passed away 5 years ago.

My late brother was 'crazy about traveling'. He liked to travel and never stay at home for a long period. We are not coming from a wealthy family, so he just travel inside Malaysia. He did what he had to do for life, and then travel again. I my self had a lot of memories traveling with him. The last one was to cow boy town at A'Famosa Resort, Melaka in 2002, about six months before he passed away. We had another journey inside Terengganu ( to Kuala Besut ) early 2003. He wished to make a journey around Malaysia with me, and I gave him my word, we will do it in December 2003. But he died on July 2003 leaving all the sweet memories with me... Now I have my own dream. I want to have a journey around Malaysia. But I don't think I can do it now with all my responsibilities. Maybe I will do it after my retirement, who know...

In the way home, I went to my parent's house, and for my luck I can picked durian myself and ate it freshly. Not everybody have this experience...






0 comments: