Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Day Before Eid al-Adha


At Arafah

From Arafah to Muzdalifah

Mabit (sleeping) at Muzdalifah


Tawaf at Baitullah

Masjid al-Haram

Tomorrow the Muslims around the world will celebrate Eid al-Adha. This is the biggest day in Hijriah calender. About 2-3 millions Muslims are in Mecca now, performing the 'Hajj' (pilgrims), The fifth pillar of Islam. How I miss that days... Today is Arafah Day, you will be with millions of peoples from all around the world and you will feel how small are you... in the evening (after Maghrib prayer) moving from Arafah to Muzdalifah, have a night there, you just a litle one among others...

In the morning (after Fajr prayer on Eid al-Adha's day) you will move to Mina, performing the 'ramyu al-jamarah' there, then move to 'Baitullah' to perform 'Tawaf Ifadhah', maybe this is the most difficult Tawaf along the year. Then you have to 'shaving your hair or cutting it'...

Three days after Eid al-Adha is Tasyriqs days. You will go To Mina again, performing the 'ramyu al-jamarat' there and spent 2-3 nights there. And that's all. You have performing the 'hajj'.

I had performing 'hajj' for eight times, from 1990-1997. I miss these days very much. I hope to bring my family there as soon as I can, but the releven target is after ten years, when I'm 45 and my wife is 38.

Today many of Muslims perform the fasting too. It is not 'wajib' like Ramadhan Fasting, but there is a lot of virtues for those who performing it...

0 comments: